Monday 11 February 2013

Just a little bit of bunting making...

 It's been a few weeks since I last blogged so I thought I'd get back into the swing of it by sharing with you all what I've been creating over the last few weeks! Back in January I received a lovely email from a customer asking about ordering some bespoke bunting ... 60 metres of it! The customer wanted purples and lilacs in a shabby chic /vintage /pretty theme - I got together a collection of fabric choices and she selected her favourites!

The chosen fabrics - polkadots, spots, florals in purple and lilac shades.

So then the marking out of triangles ... cutting out of triangles ... sewing triangles ... ironing triangles ... connecting triangles began!! I lost count of the amount of flags this bunting used up and as each flag is double sided I couldn't even begin to imagine how many tiangles I made! I did really enjoy making it though! Especially knowing that it's going to be a part of their special day.


The bunting flags all sewn up and ironed out!The flags all in order of how they were going to be sewn up.
 
All the flags sewn together in a 60 metre length.The sequence of purple and lilac fabrics selected for the bunting.


 The large pile of finished wedding bunting.
 
 
Perfect shabby chic vintage themed wedding bunting.
 
 
 I'm sure this is going to look great in their venue! It makes the day even more special when the bride to be knows she has a unique decoration that no-one else has and that she's selected the fabrics for herself!

x

2 comments:

  1. Buntings are integral part of any decoration. whether it's wedding party, birthday party etc. When it get prepared with colorful and shiny fabric, it adds up more attraction. These tiny triangles always make the venue beautiful for any event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree with you there Star Stuff Group!

      Delete